Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Opprobrium

Tearless, I close my eyes.
Antique grandfather clockAs numbness besets my mind.
Weakness corrodes my senses,
As the shambles of all,
That I held dear-once-
Jar all around me.
The breaking pieces-
A crescendo of the wailing banshee.
Silent screams reverberate -
They echo around my hollow inner being.
No longer, can I feel, 
The bright fake spark of Optimism,
Ignite in me.
No longer, 
Can any facade 
Spur me on.
Broken, I back-trace my pace,
Knowing all roads lead to that dead end.
The kohl runs free now.
Devoid of its obloquy.
Chained to my solitude,
Remorse-struck,
I blame me,
For this grief-
That holds me a prisoner-
In its ignominy.
There could not be a last goodbye-
Nor even a last glimpse-
Of that smiling face,
That had instilled so much faith.
There could not be 
The last gun salute-
Of a man fiercely worshiped-
And a grandfather endeared.
The growing up years,
Of the many hues,
Illumined by His presence-
Wizened by his strength.
His words fill me now.
Take me in - down under.
The passage of years,
Crash by over me- 
Breaking and Shattering,
Into a million pieces-
All brittle- the cherished memories.
In my mind,
I refuse to disbelieve my childish belief,
In his existence still,
On that chair and desk-
Spreading knowledge all around.
The trophies that  adorn the walls,
The books that line the shelves-
Gather rust-
They miss the touch too,
Like his many disciples tonight.
My angst runs down in endless rivulets,
As I brood silently- 
Ruing the distance.
That separates Time, Space and Agony.
Stigmatized, I await the unwinding,
Of the second's hands-
Into more of its nefarious mysteries.
Lamenting the Loss,
I am no longer Me.
I am a bereaved mourner in Black-
An effigy of self-reproachment.



No comments:

Post a Comment